Apartment / Flat for Rent Overview
The apartment is located in an elegant, 19th century building, on a very quiet street off the rue de Passy - a comfortable and quiet retreat from the busy city after a day of sightseeing. The Rue de Passy is one of the finest - and safest - streets in Paris. The upscale shops are a lot of fun and the street is filled with bustling cafes, pastry shops, and quality restaurants, all just around the corner. The Eiffel Tower, the Seine River, and the Trocadero are all a short walking distance away.
I remember a friend once telling me "try Passy, you'll find some very nice apartments there", and me replying "Never, what would I do in the 16th?". But ever since we started renting this apartment, Charla and I have changed our opinion completely about Passy -- so much so that Charla is now suggesting that we move there!
The apartment itself is quite spacious. The master bedroom is furnished with a queen-size bed, while the second bedroom is furnished with two single beds. The kitchen is fully-equipped. Fifth floor (sixth floor USA) with elevator; 60 square meters; Nearest metro station: Passy.
Pets are Not allowed, and NO Smoking, please.
- Bedrooms/Baths: The master bedroom, with its queen size bed, is at the end of a hallway, making it and the second bathroom isolated from the living room and kitchen area. The second bedroom has two single beds, that can be joined together to make into a queen size bed. The shower room is between the two bedroom, and the separate toilet cabinet is in the hallway. A sofa bed, located in the living room, can open to sleep two more people.
- Exterior: a small terrace that can fit a small table with two chairs.
- Amenities: Phone, Fast DSL Internet connection and WiFi, Cable TV, Stereo, CD Player, Alarm clock, Iron/Ironing Board, Hair dryer & curler, Heating
- Full Kitchen: Oven, Microwave, Dishwasher, Full refrigerator, Cooking Utensils provided, Washer & Dryer, Toaster, Coffee maker, Water boiler...
- One set of bed and bath linens, changed once per week
- Telephone (all incoming + outgoing national calls)
- Electricity and other utilities
- Cable TV
- DSL Internet / WiFi
Additional costs to be paid in advance or on the premises
- Museum passes; metro tickets; etc.
- Additional cleaning and change of linen
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping
- Transport from/to the airport (see Services)
- Refundable Damage Deposit (see Terms & Conditions)
About This Paris Neighborhood
Passy is an exclusive area of Paris, France, located in the XVIe arrondissement, on the Right Bank. It is traditionally home to many of the city's wealthiest residents.
- The most lively street in the area is the rue de Passy which goes from the Muette to the place du Costa-Rica just behind the Trocadéro.
- The Cimetière de Passy, located at 2, rue du Commandant Schœlsing, is the burial place for many of well known persons including American silent film star Pearl White, the painters Edouard Manet and Berthe Morisot, and composer Claude Debussy.
- The Eiffel Tower is only a few minutes away, across the Seine river.
- Closest Metro station: Passy
A bit of History
1900's, classical Haussmanian style.
Passy is best known to Americans for being the home of patriot Benjamin Franklin for the nine years that he lived in France during the American Revolutionary War. At the time, Passy was a separate village.
Benjamin Franklin lived in Passy. He established a small press in his Passy home, to print pamphlets and other material as part of his job to maintain French support of the revolution. He called it the Passy Press. When he returned to America, the new ambassador to France, Thomas Jefferson, wrote, "When he left Passy, it seemed as if the village had lost its patriarch."
Apartment / Flat FAQ
- Is there a hair dryer in the apartment?
All of our apartments are equipped with a hair dryer.
- Is this a quiet apartment?
It is extremely quiet.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions not concerning this property
These are reviews from guests who stayed at this apartment rental:
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Passy apartment. I couldn't imagine a better way to enjoy all that Paris has to offer and have the relaxation that only a home can provide... more
Thank you so much for a special place to stay during our "dream come true" Paris vacation. This was the first time I've been to Paris and we have been saving for this vacation for about five years. This apartment was perfect for our family... more
Click here to see all Guest Reviews for this apartment
Paris, France Apartment for Rent