Apartment / Flat for Rent Overview
An elegant, renovated, artist's atelier on the top floor of one of Paris' most beautiful Art Nouveau buildings is the luxury equivalent of that romantic garret you've always dreamed of.
It's polished wood floors, six meter high ceilings, glassed-in roof, and plant-filled terrace overlooking the chimney tops of Paris, makes it the perfect romantic aerie. Located a block away from the rue Cler, one of Paris's most celebrated open-air food markets, and the Champ de Mars park, home to the Eiffel tower.
Ideal for two people, the comfortable couch on the main floor also opens up to sleep two. On the mezzanine level is the bedroom area with lots of closet space and an office nook; downstairs is the living/dining room, a beautiful travertine marble bathroom, as well as a fully equipped, eat-in kitchen. Windows in all the rooms, along with the apartment’s "verrière" (skylight) insure that the apartment is wonderfully light-filled, with a stunning view of the Eiffel Tower, especially at night, while the AC unit will freshen up your stay during the hot Parisian Summers.
- Bedrooms/Baths: The bedroom is perched on the mezzanine and has a queen size bed. There are plenty of closets, and an office corner. The bathroom is on the lower floor and has a bathtub with a shower hose and a toilet. A sofa bed, or convertible couch, can open to sleep two more people.
- Exterior: the terrace has a small table with two chairs.
- Amenities: Phone, Fast DSL Internet connection, Cable TV, Stereo, CD Player, English Books, Alarm clock, Iron/Ironing Board, Hair dryer & curler, Heating, air-conditioning
- Full Kitchen: Four-burner gas stove, oven & microwave, Dishwasher, Full refrigerator, Cooking Utensils provided, Washer & Dryer, Toaster, Coffee maker, Expresso machine, Blender, Water boiler, Coffee machine, Robot...
- One set of bed and bath linens, changed once per week
- Heating and/or AC
- Telephone (all incoming + outgoing national calls)
- Electricity and other utilities
- Cable TV
- DSL Internet / WiFi
Additional costs to be paid in advance or on the premises
- Museum passes; metro tickets; etc.
- Additional cleaning and change of linen
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping
- Transport from/to the airport (see Services)
- Refundable Damage Deposit (see Terms & Conditions)
About This Paris Neighborhood
The 7th arrondissement is one of the 20 arrondissements of Paris. It is bordered by the Seine River on the north, and it is located on the Left Bank. For the most part, this arrondissement comprises expensive residential neighborhoods and official buildings (ministries etc....).
Important places include: The French National Assembly, the Eiffel Tower, the Champ de Mars, École Militaire, the Invalides, all of which are within short walking distance from this apartment. Also, within walking distance, you'll find the Quai de Branly, Quai d'Orsay and Rodin museums.
- Rue Cler market street: Although the Breteuil open air market on the avenue de Saxe, with its amazing view of the Eiffel Tower, and only a few minutes away from this apartment, is probably best suited for fresh produce shopping (open Thursdays and Saturdays until 1pm), the market on rue Cler (only a block away, open daily, except Monday), a cobbled pedestrian street lined with its chic shops and cafés, is definitely the more animated one. If you wish to learn the fine art of living Parisian-style, Rue Cler provides an excellent classroom (by Rick Steves, "Rue Cler: The Art of Parisian Living").
- The Champ de Mars park, and the Eiffel Tower: a great place to relax or organize a picnic with family and friends, or for jogging.
- The American University of Paris; The Ecole Militaire;
- Closest Metro station: Ecole Militaire
Closest Bus lanes: 80; 92; 28; 82; 69
A bit of History
- Art Nouveau style, built in 1900 by architect Octave Raquin.
- Name of building: Les Arums (the lilies). This flower is engraved all over the building façade and on the main hall floor mosaic, which is protected by the city of Paris and the Monuments de Paris (French historical monument society).
- The façade of the building actually won a prize at the Concours de Façades (Façade competition) in 1902.
- Click here for more details, photos and in depth review of this building ad its architect (in French).
Apartment / Flat FAQ
- Does the large skylight have a curtain?
Yes, there is a large curtain that can roll down to cover all of the window. When we lived there, though -- like most of our guests today, we usually kept it open, in order to benefit from the spectacular Eiffel Tower night view while lying down in bed.
However, because there are windows all over the apartment, there cannot be complete darkness, if that is what you are used to.
- Is there a hair dryer in the apartment?
All of our apartments are equipped with a hair dryer.
- Is this a quiet apartment?
It is extremely quiet.
These are reviews from guests who stayed at this apartment rental:
"If you're looking for the perfect Parisian apartment for your stay, this is it! Located in the best part of the 7th, just a few steps away you'll find everything you need: one of the most active and characteristic places in Paris for food shopping" ... more
"Ernest Hemingway said "Paris is a moveable feast". This exemplifies beautifully my experience in Paris living at 33, rue du Champs de Mars. It was more than a wonderful time: it was a true dream. The apt is filled with light and air. One feels like living in a stork’s nest" ... more
"We have rented the loft and tried to rent it again but our dates did not mesh due to repairs that had to be done. We did in fact rent it for a month and really loved it. The kitchen is very well equipped and the view when you go to sleep or wake up is unbelievable" ... more
Click here to view all guest comments for this apartment
Things to be aware of if you are interested in this apartment
- The bedroom is on a mezzanine and can be reached by stairs.
- The bathroom is on the lower level.
- Because of the large skylight, it is not possible to achieve total darkness
- The mezzanine is not walled, meaning that you cannot have total intimacy should two more people use the convertible bed in the livig room below.
View Paris Pied-à-Terre in a larger map
Paris, France Apartment for Rent